For Poetry Month, I invite students of all ages to send me an EduHaiku poem…
Q. What is EduHaiku?
A. A 3 line poem about something you learned at school today.
Q. How do you write an EduHaiku?
A. Try this.
- Select a topic from one of your school subjects.
- Brainstorm a list of words about your topic.
- Count the syllables in each word.
- Use the words to share a short thought with the haiku format.
Q. What is the haiku format?
A. Haiku has 3 lines.
- The first line has 5 syllables.
- The second line has 7 syllables.
- The third and final line has 5 syllables.
Teachers, I’d love to hear from you and your entire class!
Connect with me on my new Facebook
Copyright © 2011 Anastasia Suen All Rights Reserved.